Udo’s 3 • 6 • 9 Oil Blend® is one of the richest vegetarian sources of omega 3, 6 and 9, antioxidants, phyto-nutrients, phytosterols, lauric acid, GLA, polyphenols and helps the body break down fats.
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend is quite simply the best quality product of its kind in the marketplace today. It has been developed for people who want all the good Omega fats they need, in a balanced ratio – without killing any fish to get it!
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend® is:
- a certified organic culinary oil
- the ideal balance of omega-3 and Omega-6 EFAs
- a food – not a supplement
- light-tasting with a pleasant, nutty flavour
- made with your health in mind
- fresh-pressed with great care
- protected from heat, light and oxygen
- bottled in glass rather than plastic
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend® contains:
- Flax seed oil: one of the richest vegetarian sources of omega-3
- Sunflower seed oil: deliciously rich in omega-6
Sesame seed oil: lots of omega-6 and omega-9, antioxidants and phytosterols
- Coconut oil: rich in antioxidants and lauric acid, an immediate energy source
- Evening primrose oil: provides a rich source of GLA, polyphenols and other antioxidants
- Soy lecithin: GMO-free, helps ingredients stay blended and helps the body break down fats
- Rice and oat bran and germ oils: rich in oil-soluble phytonutrients- a major source of polyphenols, phytosterols and antioxidants
- Mixed tocopherols: A high gamma-blend of vitamin E to protect the oils and preserve freshness
For optimal freshness keep refrigerated at all times. NOT a cooking oil – do not heat or use for frying as this will damage the delicate fatty acids. Once opened, consume within eight (8) weeks. Can be frozen to prolong shelf life. (Record freezing date on bottle. Oil shrinks when frozen; the glass bottle will not break). Can be frozen for up to 4 months after the declared “Best Before” date. Occasionally a cloudy layer may form – this is natural, just shake gently before use.
Why do we need Essential Fatty Acids?
If you wish to travel the path to true health, there are two substances which can only be found in fat that are just as necessary to our survival as proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals – the Essential Fatty Acids:
Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) from the omega-3 family, and
Linoleic Acid (LA) from the omega-6 family.
Every living cell in the body needs these Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s). They are so important they are known as “Foundational Fats”. However, the body can’t make these fats on its own, so they must be consumed directly from a food source.
The issue at hand is to help you find the best possible source of essential fatty acids and to integrate them into your daily diet. Udo’s 3•6•9 Oil Blend® is such a food source, delivering a balanced 2:1:1 ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 and omega-9 Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s).