FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EARTH WISE BEAUTY
In what order should I use my skincare products to achieve the best results?
As a general rule, we recommend following your cleanser with a facial mist / toner, if desired, and then hydrating with a facial serum. This can be followed by a moisturizer and/or a nourishing facial oil all over the face, as well as a serum or oil for the under-eye area. Farizad’s Veil Sun Reflector can be mixed with any facial oil to provide customized sun protection in this last layer. We recommend using our masks either weekly or bi-weekly, depending on your skin type and desired results, as well as using a facial steam on a weekly basis.
More information about our serums.
Our selection of moisturizers illustrates the Earthwise Beauty philosophy perfectly: we recommend an aloe-based serum or moisturizer as your only moisturizer (if you skin is on the oily side) or as the first step in your hydrating routine, after washing and optionally misting your face. Aloe is much more effective than water or even hydrosols to replenish moisture in the skin tissue, and it has a plethora of skin benefits, from cooling, pore-minimizing, anti-acne, scar healing to anti-inflammatory. Top your aloe-based moisturizer with a facial oil, facial oil and then a balm, or just a balm.
* Nap in the Meadow Face Serum has anti-inflammatory properties and it is a hydrating aloe-based face serum.
* Resiliency Face Serum is a firming, anti-acne, and lightening gel serum.
* Ambrosia del Cerrado Liquid Moisturizer is our lightest moisturizer, best for oily and acne-prone skin.
Which face oil is right for me?
We have a wide range of facial oils and oil-based serums that range from super-lightweight to rich and deeply healing.
* Ruby Face Oil is one of our beststellers, a light yet powerful and nonirritating oil that absorbs very fast, is noncomedogenic, and feels very light even on a hot and humid day. It is one of our top choices for sun damage repair and for treatment of scars.
* Magical Babassu Face Oil is the most emollient of our facial oils. It is most appropriate for dry to very dry skin, sensitive skin, winter skin, and eczema, alone or mixed with Ferns and Moss Serum (for maximum healing and repair) or Ruby Face Oil (for added phytonutrients and firming benefits). Magical Babassu is more geared toward softening the skin and soothing irritations in sensitive skin. Ferns and Moss Serum is thicker, but is a dry oil, while Magical Babassu is emollient.
* Ferns and Moss includes anti-acne ingredients.
* If you are deciding between Magical Babassu and Ferns and Moss Serum, choose Magical Babassu if dryness and sensitive skin are your top concerns, but choose Ferns and Moss Serum if you are foremost seeking healing and repair and your skin is congestion prone.
* For dry and damaged or dry and mature skin, you may want to test all our oils. Ruby is most popular in the summer months and Magical Babassu and Ferns and Moss are most popular in the colder months.
Which face balm is right for me?
We currently offer three face balms, which are all quite different from one another:
* Tigress is a medium-weight to light "dry" balm for normal and combination to acne and oily skin types. It is healing to skin disorders such as rosacea, and it contains several anti-acne yet nondrying ingredients.
* Yasuni is one step lighter; it is a very lean antioxidant and enzymatic balm without any essential oils. Yasuni controls oil production in oily skin and decreases and prevents blackheads, while providing a high dose of antioxidants. Its enzymatic exfoliating properties help resurface the skin in a way comparable to retinol, but without causing redness, irritation, or intense peeling.
* Green Leaves is a "juicy" type of balm that was designed for dry and mature skin with acne. It heals acne breakouts with lemon thyme while preventing acne scars. Its base is melt-on-contact anti-inflammatory and hydrating virgin coconut oil, and the scent of Green Leaves is just irresistible: violet leaf, holy basil, and French lavender.
What should I use on my acne-prone skin?
We have a number of products that are specially formulated for acne-prone skin, including Resiliency Face Serum, Nap in the Meadow Face Serum, and Ambrosia del Cerrado Liquid Moisturizer. Our three face balms, Green Leaves, Tigress, and Yasuni, are all good choices for acne-prone skin — choose Green Leaves if your skin is also mature or dry; Yasuni if you prefer a very light feel and need to control oil production; and Tigress for a medium-weight "dry" balm. For a daily cleanser, our Marshmallow Face Wash will not clog pores or aggravate acne, and for a weekly or biweekly treatment, Selene Facial Steam and Catharsis Face Mask both contain anti-acne ingredients and can help to greatly reduce acne over time with regular use.
What should I use for dry skin with acne?
Not all acne sufferers have oily skin. For dry or normal skin with acne, we recommend Nap in the Meadow Face Serum as a first hydrating step, followed by Ruby Oil (which can be combined with Farizad’s Veil Sun Reflector to provide sun protection, additional anti-acne properties, and a matte finish). Green Leaves Face Balm is a great spot treatment for active acne, and is non-drying. You may also want to consider Ferns and Moss Face Serum for the colder months, and Catharsis Face Mask to thoroughly cleanse and detox the pores without drying or stripping the skin.
What do you recommend for skin congestion?
We recommend beginning with Nap in the Meadow Face Serum, followed by Ferns and Moss Serum, Tigress Face Balm, or Green Leaves Face Balm. Catharsis Face Maskis a good choice for weekly or biweekly masking, and we highly recommend steaming congested skin once a week with Selene Facial Steam.
What should I use on my dry or sensitive skin?
We recommend cleansing with Marshmallow Face Wash, which is gentle enough for the most sensitive skin. Nap in the Meadow Face Serum can be used as the first step for hydrating, followed by Magical Babassu Face Oil and/or Ferns and Moss Face Serum. For weekly or biweekly treatment, try the Sungod or Catharsis masks, and if you have the time, we recommend using Selene Facial Steam once a week.